Skip to main content


Well, the website has been down for about 10 hours today, due to me thinking I can rebuild this network better than it was.

Apparently not, but it did consist of rebuilding 3 machines. Two domain controllers and one member server. Thankfully the internet was only down for three hours here, and my SMTP server for my mail was only offline for five hours, so hopefully I didn't miss too much email. My longest strech was getting the webserver back online, I can never remember what steps I need to have the domain account access the web pages and have the proper privilages. This time, I did remember all of the user security settings I needed, but I forgot to allow ASP.NET 2.0 access to launch in the Web Service Extensions Manager.

But hey, it all seems to be working right now, so woohoo! I'll post more later I think.